There’s never enough time for the beauty routine, especially in the morning. So when you run out of a certain beauty product and your precious time is taken, it feels like a complete disaster. No worries, accept the challenge of replacing the missing beauty products with what’s at hand and get the wow look right away.
Bright Side presents you with 10 cunning beauty hacks to either save money, time, or both. Read till the end of the article and get a bonus hack compilation.
Baby powder + hairbrush = dry shampoo
What you need:
- corn starch
- baking soda
- white clay
First, create a homemade baby powder. Use corn starch on its own or combine it with such ingredients as arrowroot powder, baking soda, or white clay. Whenever there’s an extreme need to wash your hair fast, simply brush it with this mixture.
Cotton pad + mascara brush = dense eyelashes
Take a regular cotton pad and tear it apart to make 2 pieces. Coat your eyelashes with a layer of mascara. Take a mascara brush, wrap it with the pads inside, and apply it to the eyelashes evenly. Coat on another layer to completely cover and hide the cotton.
Mayo = hair mask
In order to deal with dry, stiff hair, take regular mayo and spread it all over your hair. Let it sit for about half an hour. Wash it away with shampoo. There you go! Enjoy its silky and moisturizing effects.
Wet skin + perfume = long-lasting odor
Aside from applying perfume to specific areas of the body, it’s crucial to use it right after a shower while the skin is still wet. It will noticeably prolong the effect.
Wet face + skincare products = enhanced absorption
Wash your face and immediately apply skincare products, no need to wipe it off. This way, the pores are more open as opposed to when the skin isn’t wet.
Wasabi + lips = plumping effect
Spread wasabi all over your lips and leave it there for 10 minutes to make them appear plumper. Increase the time in case of zero results and reduce it if it hurts.
Beer = hair conditioner/shampoo
Try washing your hair with beer. Some experience a shiny effect while others claim the hair structure becomes healthier.
Note: It’s not recommended that you use this hack instead of shampoo or hair conditioner on a regular basis. Also, people who experience hair loss are not advised to try this.
Alcohol + spoon = fixed eyeshadow
Pour rubbing alcohol into the container, mix it into a paste with a spoon, smash it down, and leave it to dry completely. The broken pieces will come back together and you’ll get a brand new eyeshadow. The same can be done with bronzer and face powder.
Regular hair conditioner + water = leave-in hair conditioner
Combine your hair conditioner with water in a ratio of 1:1 and fill a spray bottle with it. Now you may apply the conditioner without washing your hair beforehand. Splash your hair with it and feel fresh and neat straight away.
Home powders + used bronzer container = brand new bronzer
Take 1 tbsp of cinnamon, 1tsp of cocoa powder, nutmeg, and flour. Mix it all well. In case you don’t like the color, play with the proportions until you reach the desired tone. Congrats! You’ve just created an eco-friendly, healthy, aromatic bronzer.
Bonus: Beauty hacks for girls’ problems
Would you guys give these ideas a try? Do you know how to improve them? Share your experience with us, we value it tremendously.
Illustrated by Natalia Tylosova for BrightSide.me
20 Texts That Prove a Relationship Is Not an Easy Game
Chats make our relationships more exciting and unpredictable! 25% of couples sometimes even text their partner when they are both home together. It’s very difficult to say goodbye to text messaging because so many funny and amusing things go on there!
We at Bright Side also love to laugh at digital chatting situations between couples and want to share with you a new genre of humor.
Do you also have chats like this with your partner? Please, share your stories below!
Marvel Phase 4: Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4 schedule revealed
For the first time in years we finally have an idea of what Marvel Studios has planned for the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The studio revealed its upcoming schedule during its Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday night, announcing at least 10 projects to expect over the next two years. The biggest revelations include the news that Natalie Portman will wield Thor’s hammer; Mahershala Ali will star in a new Blade project; and a confirmation from Marvel that it’s working on movies featuring some of the studio’s recently acquired characters.
Marvel’s business plan and marketing strategy has long been to hype what’s next, with much of that hype being driven by its signature post-credits scenes and panels at fan conventions like Comic-Con or Disney’s D23. And for awhile, it was customary for the studio to announce its release schedule several years early — in 2015 Marvel announced movies like 2018’s Black Panther and 2019’s Captain Marvel.
But even the studio’s two most-recent films — April’s colossal cinematic juggernaut known as Avengers: Endgame and this month’s Spider-Man: Far From Home — arrived in theaters, Marvel still hadn’t revealed what movies it’s launching in 2020, or if it plans to launch any at all. Meanwhile, the studio had kept relatively quiet save for a few casting and crew announcements (like we found out this week that Taika Waititi would be directing the fourth Thor movie).
Here’s what Marvel announced during its Comic-Con panel:
- Black Widow, starring Scarlett Johansson and Rachel Weisz and directed by Cate Shortland, arriving in theaters on May 1, 2020
- The Eternals, starring Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek and directed by Chloe Zhao, arriving in theaters on November 6, 2020
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, starring Simu Liu and directed by Destin Daniel Cretton, arriving in theaters on February 12, 2021. Shang Chi will be Marvel’s first film with a lead character of Asian descent.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen (yes, Scarlet Witch) and directed by Scott Derrickson, arriving in theaters on May 7, 2021
- Thor: Love and Thunder, directed by Taika Waititi and starring Natalie Portman (who will wield the legendary hammer as the first female Thor), Tessa Thompson, and Chris Hemsworth, arriving in theaters on November 5, 2021
Marvel studios president Kevin Feige also confirmed upcoming movies involving the Fantastic Four and the X-Men’s mutants — characters who were previously owned by Fox, but which now fall under Marvel’s purview thanks to the recent Disney-Fox merger. He also confirmed that the sequels for Black Panther and Captain Marvel, are in development. Black Panther is Marvel’s biggest solo superhero movie to date, having made $1.3 billion worldwide, and Captain Marvel, its first solo superhero film to center on a female hero, also passed the $1 billion mark.
Vying for the biggest surprise of the evening was Feige bringing Mahershala Ali to the Comic-Con stage to announce a new Blade project. Ali previously appeared as the villain in Marvel’s Netflix series Luke Cage, so the new Blade film project possibly signals that Marvel’s television projects with Netflix and its cinematic universe are completely separate entities.
Marvel also revealed its television series lineup for Disney’s forthcoming streaming service Disney+, which is scheduled to launch in November:
- The Falcon & Winter Soldier in fall 2020
- WandaVision in spring 2021
- Loki in spring 2021
- WHAT IF …? — an animated series featuring characters from the MCU in summer 2021
- Hawkeye in fall 2021
For fans who can’t wait until 2020 for Marvel’s next best thing, rest assured. The studio will probably have more surprises to share next month — and perhaps even first-look footage or concept art from its upcoming projects— at Disney’s D23 convention, which will take place from August 23 to 25, 2019 in Anaheim.
23 Moving Photos That Prove Our Moms Deserve All the Love in the World
From creating cosplay costumes for us and making lunches for all of our friends to giving us everything they’ve got, mothers never fail to surprise us! Their imagination and wit have no limits, as they always know how to find a solution to any situation, even if their resources are limited and time is short. No matter how old we get, we’ll always stay kids in our mothers’ eyes and they’ll always rush to help us, even if we’re 30 years old.
Bright Side wants to admire our moms, which why we’re so happy to give you 23 photos where people captured moments of being emotional, clever, brave and strong.
1. After giving birth, a mother laughs hysterically at her husband who just fainted at the sight of their newborn son.
2. “Little me knew exactly how to show appreciation for my mother.”
3. Proud mom with her graduated son
4. “My mom gave me a kidney 2 years ago. All I can give her are flowers.”
5. This clever single mother dressed up as a dad to take her kid to “Donuts With Dad” day at school.
6. She has 3 daughters and she writes 5 lines a day to each of them. These will be gifts when they get married one day.
7. This mom poses as a power ranger with her son. You don’t need to be a child to know how to have fun!
8. A homeless mother is dressing her daughter for school.
9. “My friend’s mom made my turtles sweaters.”
10. “A coworker said her mom made lunch for the office. We accepted.”
11. The best cosplay is when your mom decides to participate in it too.
12. “I told my mom I was really sick today. An hour later she showed up at my house with this. I’m 30.”
13. “I’m a teacher in Canada and my mom made me this scarf to keep me warm.”
14. A daughter surprised her mother with an early return from deployment. Her mother’s emotions are priceless.
15. “Yesterday my mom ran for the first time in 9 months since the Boston Marathon bombings. She’s my inspiration!”
16. “Jokingly, I sent my mom a cutout of myself while I was studying abroad. She seems to be entertaining herself with it.”
17. “This is one of my favorite pics of my mom even though she isn’t in focus. Hope you guys enjoy it.”
18. “My mom smiling after saving 40 kids from a burning school bus today”
19. “Look at this giant blanket my mom crocheted!”
20. “This is how my mom greeted me at the airport after having not seen me for a few years. She made me walk through the entire airport under her left arm.”
21. “My mom and I have always bonded over GoT. This year she made me these cakes for my 30th ’name day’.”
22. “My father passed away from lung cancer in July. Mom had these gifts made for me and my brother. The best gift I’ve ever received.”
“This is a shirt I used to wear, and when you hold it I’ll be there. Love, Dad.”
23. “My mom graduating with her Ph.D. in social work from Tulane. Her goal was to graduate by 60 and she did it with a year to spare.”
BONUS: Moms are always the same, loving and caring for everyone.
Which photo did you like the most? Do you have an adorable photo of you with your mom? Let’s share them in the comment section!
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019