Usually hotels are places where we don’t spend much time. We sleep there and leave our heavy suitcases in our rooms so that we can happily enjoy all the touristy things that we all like to do. However, some hotels look so gorgeous that you might consider going there just for the sake of seeing them!
Bright Side has found some hotels that you might not want to leave and would rather spend your whole vacation inside of. At the end of the article, there will be a bonus hotel that floats on water!
1. Amangiri, Canyon Point, Utah, USA
It looks like this hotel is part of nature. So if you decide to stay here, you will definitely get your fair share of the beautiful dunes, plateaus, and mountain ranges that surround this place.
2. Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort, Huzhou, China
This is a luxury hotel and it has several nicknames, including “Horseshoe Hotel” and “Doughnut Hotel” — due to its shape. In 2013, it was even awarded 3rd place from the Emporis Skyscraper Awards for its design and functionality.
3. Propeller Island City Lodge, Berlin, Germany
This hotel is also an art installation. There are a lot of rooms and every one of them has a unique design! However, right now the hotel is closed “for repairs and a new concept.”
4. Free Spirit Spheres, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
These suspended spherical treehouses might make your childhood dreams of living in a treehouse come true! And it’s an amazing way to reconnect with nature!
5. Bivacco Gervasutti, Frebouze Glacier, Mont Blanc, Italy
Named after the Alpine climber Giusto Gervasutti, this capsule hotel is located on the edge of a cliff. It is a very popular spot for hiking, skiing, and snowboarding, and the view is spectacular!
6. Neemrana Fort Palace, Neemrana, India
This 15th century heritage hotel in Rajasthan is not only one of the oldest resorts in Delhi, but it is also marvelous, with its hanging gardens, pools, and even a zip-line!
7. Seven Hotel, Paris, France
This boutique hotel can bring some magic into your life — just look at that levitating bed! And the unique interior design might make you feel like you’re in a dream or a movie!
8. Sextantio Le Grotte della Civita, Matera, Italy
This hotel is situated within a labyrinth of UNESCO-listed caves. They were renovated and now you can stay there and get to know Italy just a little bit better.
9. Thorngrove Manor Hotel, Adelaide, Australia
Staying at this hotel might make you feel like you are in a fairy tale. So if you’re looking for a place to go to with your significant other, this might be an excellent choice!
10. Lloyd Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Do you want to have fun without having to leave the room? In this hotel you will find a swing and a hammock, so you definitely won’t get bored!
11. Crane Hotel Faralda, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Although it’s a pretty unusual location for a hotel, it’s just as convenient other conventional hotels! What makes it even cooler is that you can bungee jump from the top of the crane!
12. Treehotel, Tällberg, Sweden
Sci-fi fans, this place will be a treat for you! This is another hotel that gives you an opportunity to spend some time in a treehouse. But this time, it can be in the shape of a UFO!
13. Fantasyland Hotel, Edmonton, Canada
Do you want to travel to space or sleep in an igloo? Your wish can come true if you stay at this hotel. And there are many other theme rooms, so there’ll definitely be something suitable for everyone.
14. Cava & Hotel Mastinell, Vilafranca, Spain
This place is highly recommended for those of you who love wine. The hotel is surrounded by vineyards, and you can get a tour of the local winery, take a wine bath, smash grapes with your feet, and do a lot of other entertaining activities!
15. La Balade des Gnomes, Durbuy, Belgium
This is another hotel where you can imagine yourself living in a fairy tale. The rooms are decorated according to myths and legends from all over the world!
Bonus: A floating hotel!
This hotel, called The Ark, hasn`t been built yet, but it’s designed for life after global warming. Half of it is underwater, and it can also endure floods and earthquakes.
Which of these hotels would you like to stay in? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
7 Hidden Messages in “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” That Weren’t Meant for Kids
Lewis Carroll’s tale Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland had an amazing influence on cinema, literature, and even psychology: movies and ballets were based on it, sequels and remakes were written. There is even a psychological disorder named after the main character: Alice in Wonderland Syndrome (AWS). This seemingly innocent children’s story was the subject of heated discussions by scientists of the 20th century and even Freud talked about it. The point of the discussions was simple: was the tale written for children or for adults?
Bright Side has read the book “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Decoded” and tried to figure out which parts of the story can only be understood by adults.
1. Alice’s shrinking and growing is a sign of puberty.
When Alice ate a cake or drank a certain mixture, Alice would shrink or grow, and she was scared that she would disappear completely. While there were no actual reasons for the changes in her body in the text, scientists have 3 versions of what could have been the hidden meaning behind that episode:
- Alice’s body changes in a similar way to how it would change as a teenager during puberty. Many people think that Carroll showed the puberty of the character. But why this idea may also be wrong is because Alice is only 7 years old and it is too young to be a teenager.
- Astronomers link the character with the expanding Universe. According to one of the theories, the amount of matter in the Universe is constantly decreasing which will ultimately lead to its disappearance. Obviously, this is why the character was worried about shrinking so much that she would vanish.
- Other people see an indication of hallucinogenic substances, which make people completely disoriented, just like Alice.
2. The pig the character has is an English King.
It is believed that the tale is an allusion to the War of the Roses that took place in England in the 15th century. This time period was full of scheming, betrayal, and there were a lot of chopped heads — just like in the tale.
Assuming the guess is correct, then baby that turned into the pig is a member of the White Rose. And more specifically, it was Richard III who had a sigil with a white boar. Shakespeare even wrote a play about it where he presented Richard in a very bad light.
3. The smell of pepper in the house of the Duchess hides the smell of bad food.
The tale casually mentions that the house of the Duchess smells a lot like pepper because the scullery was adding pepper to the soup. But it may have been a hint at the problem that the food at the time was peppered a lot, to kill the smell of rotten ingredients.
4. Alice is Eve, who becomes a sinner.
The adventures of Alice starts in a quiet garden. It was an idyllic place, green and quiet, and that’s why it reminds many people the Garden of Eden. But Alice doesn’t take an apple, she goes down the rabbit hole and goes into a world that gives rise to incredible changes in her. This theory seems to be pretty logical: children are innocent but when Alice went into the hole (took the apple), she entered the world of puberty, adult life, and became a sinner.
5. Keys, doors, and caterpillars are Freudian symbols.
When Freudian theories became very popular around the world, the tale of Alice turned out to be full of gynecological symbols. The fans of Freud managed to see the symbols in the doors that were hidden behind the curtains, and keys that open these doors. Of course, they couldn’t have missed Absolem — the giant caterpillar that looks like a you know what.
Even though this theory has life, it is not very believable, because people can see these symbols everywhere if they really want to.
6. Walrus and Carpenter are actually Buddha and Jesus.
This is the name of the poem that the twin brothers Tweedledee and Tweedledum read to Alice. The poem tells the story about Walrus and Carpenter, that walk on the beach and call out for oysters to walk with them. The oysters go to the shore and Walrus and Carpenter eat them. Walrus then cries at the end.
There are several interpretations:
- Walrus is a caricature of Buddha, and Carpenter is Jesus. For example, the character Loki from Dogma believes this. The logic is simple: Walrus is fat and happy, so he is Buddha or elephant Ganesha, and Carpenter is the direct reference to the profession of the father of Jesus.
- J. Priestly is convinced that the poem is the story of England’s (Walrus) colonization of America (Carpenter).
- There is a more violent interpretation. Some people believe that Walrus and Carpenter are politicians that kill the masses — the oysters.
7. The poem about the White Rabbit in chapter 12 uncovers the love mystery of Carroll himself.
Some researchers see the reference to the unusual connection between Lewis Carroll and Alice Liddell that was the prototype of the main character. Here are the lines we are talking about:
He sent them word I had not gone
(We know it to be true):
If she should push the matter on,
What would become of you?
This is one of the most sensitive moments in the interpretation of the tale. Some people think that when the girl was supposed to come of age, the writer was going to marry her, but for some reason he had an argument with Mrs. Liddell and he never saw the members of the family since.
Do you want to read the tale now that you have some new knowledge about it in order to find some new hidden meaning? If yes, you can read the original manuscript written by Carroll himself here.
What 20 Celebs Looked Like at the Start of Their Career
Celebrities are usually known for their biggest successful works, but most of them stepped into the entertainment world with smaller roles. A lot of them have been in the industry for so long that we’ve forgotten what they looked like when they first started. Taking a look at some of their earliest works is indeed a blast from the past.
Bright Side looks into some of the earliest works from certain actors and is amazed at how much they have grown within the industry.
1. George Clooney
2. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
3. Keanu Reeves
4. Brie Larson
5. Betty White
6. Leonardo DiCaprio
7. Drew Barrymore
8. Tom Hanks
9. Scarlett Johannson
10. Halle Berry
11. Harrison Ford
12. Denzel Washington
13. Reese Witherspoon
14. Angelina Jolie
15. Johnny Depp
16. Jennifer Garner
17. Robert Downey Jr.
18. Will Smith
19. Nicole Kidman
20. Sandra Bullock
Have you seen the early works of these celebrities before? Do you know what any other famous entertainers looked like when they first began their career?
14 Examples of How Perfect Photos on Social Media Can Mislead Us
Most Internet users tend to sugarcoat their lives, belongings, body shapes, etc. And Instagram is the perfect place to post these kinds of photos. It’s a world of successful, happy people who take colorful trips, make expensive purchases, and boast perfect bodies.
Bright Side found some “behind-the-scenes” photos of gorgeous shots from social media. Turns out, believing everything you see on the Internet is never a good idea.
1. A 3-minute smartphone photo session + 3 magic filters
2. The king of the road
3. It’s all about the right angle…
4. A popular festival on Instagram vs a popular festival in reality
5. Support is the real hero.
6. A dog can never spoil a shot.
7. Slightly added brightness
8. When summer starts, we see it on every other Instagram account.
9. The process of making up always finishes the same way.
10. Unicorns can be insidious.
11. Everyone wants a photo in a lavender field.
12. Bright cities in photos might not be as bright in real life.
13. Aboard a private jet
14. A fashionable breakfast
Do you edit your photos on social media to try to look better? We’d be happy to hear from you in the comments!
Follow me on Twitter
Viral News6 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News8 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News4 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News6 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News5 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News9 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News7 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News3 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019