It was the famous Coco Chanel who said, ” Fashion changes, but style endures.” It’s not that difficult to follow trends — all you need to do is to read a fashion magazine or watch another fashion show. At the same time, it’s sometimes difficult to not overstep that thin line between personal style and tastelessness. The good news is that there are a few secrets that will help you stay stylish and classy regardless of what the designers are saying you should wear this season.
We at Bright Side want every woman in the world to find her own style. So, we are going to share 18 all-time tips with you that will even help those people who have never followed fashion trends.
- If you don’t know whether this or that color mixture will look good in one outfit, use a color wheel. Colors that are located opposite each other, match perfectly.
- Don’t be afraid of a monochromatic look. Clothing in the same color visually elongates the silhouette, especially if you pick things in different shades.
- If you like clothes with horizontal stripes, but you feel scared that they will add more pounds to you visually, “limit” them by wearing an unbuttoned or unzipped jacket over them.
- When wearing an outfit consisting of neutral colors like blue, black, white, or beige, keep in mind that accessories for this look should be bright. A cool trick is to have a bag and shoes in different, but matching colors.
- Define your body shape and find a celebrity with the same type. As a rule, the looks worn by famous people are usually thoroughly worked over by stylists. Therefore, if you create your image based on the image of a celebrity, you’ll always look stylish and fashionable (even if the cost of your things is much less). However, try to not copy the outfits completely — simply use them for inspiration.
- Before wearing white clothes, try putting them on and looking at yourself in the mirror in the daylight. It often happens that this kind of light makes them more transparent than artificial light, which means you risk showing your underwear to everyone around. So, it’s better to opt for white dresses made from dense fabric or with a lining.
- Don’t put on your clothes right after ironing them. This will keep them looking pressed longer. Instead, wait for several minutes to let the fabric cool down and dry. Otherwise, you may end up getting more wrinkles than before ironing.
- Matching different prints might be an uphill task. You need to remember several rules in order to look stylish: polka dots match stripes, stripes match flower prints, 2 flower prints may look good in one set providing the colors complement each other.
- There are 3 things that can make your image look stylish and fashionable: black sunglasses, a leather bag, and leather shoes. Choose universal options and complement your everyday outfits with them.
- If you find it difficult to match colors, just pay attention to one classic rule that will help you look classy — coordinate things so that one outfit doesn’t have more than 3 colors.
- Look into your wardrobe — it’s likely that you already have enough clothing to create various looks and styles. Try coordinating things that you used to wear in different sets before. It’s likely that you didn’t even suspect that you could look as fashionable as recognized style icons.
- Don’t choose clothes according to your age, but instead choose them according to your body shape. And don’t forget that there are things that look good on 25-year-olds, that look weird on 40-year-olds. A lightweight pleated skirt is one of those things.
- Find wide and narrow belts that will match all the clothes in your wardrobe — they will help create various looks based on the same pieces of clothing.
- Don’t be afraid to wear designer things together with clothes that were bought in the mass market. For example, the way Kate Middleton does it.
- If you don’t know what to wear, opt for classic black trousers, a white shirt, and red lipstick. And it doesn’t matter whether you are going to work, to a cafe to meet your friends, or on a date.
- The basic of any wardrobe is a white shirt. It should be bright white without any yellowish tinge, otherwise, it will throw your look off. Keep in mind that white things can visually make your teeth look more yellow. So, when wearing a snow-white shirt, use a lipstick that will make your teeth look whiter.
- Don’t hurry to put away your favorite summer dress until next season. Wearing it with a turtleneck sweater or a denim jacket in the fall will make the dress look less airy and create a new striking look.
- If your tights keep bothering you by constantly slipping down, try wearing panties over them. It will make you feel more comfortable and forget about having to always pull them up.
Which of these tricks are you going to start using right away? We would love to hear about your own tricks in the comments!
Lil Nas X and Wrangler’s “Old Town Road” clothing line inspires country music fan backlash
“Old Town Road” star Lil Nas X’s latest move is into fashion, courtesy of a collaboration with Wrangler, the legacy denim and apparel brand that’s become a signature element of the Western aesthetic.
The chart-topping rapper has partnered with the company to launch a capsule clothing collection inspired by his hit song and featuring graphic T-shirts, jeans, and other denim apparel. The collaboration is essentially an extension of one of the most memorable lyrics in “Old Town Road,” which shouts out Wrangler by name: “Cowboy hat from Gucci / Wrangler on my booty.”
Wrangler describes the capsule collection, which launched May 20, as “fresh remixes of classic Wrangler styles for the kind of modern cowboy that can’t be put in a box.”
That’s a cheeky reference to “Old Town Road” itself, which sparked an intense debate over whether the song counts as country music when it debuted on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart in March, and was subsequently removed. Despite its references to established Western themes and imagery — the song’s lyrics revolve around a lone cowboy riding his horse into the sunset, after all — Billboard said the song “does not embrace enough elements of today’s country music to chart in its current version.”
Some country music fans and industry observers agreed, arguing that “Old Town Road” qualifies more as hip-hop than country. Others criticized Billboard for feeding rigid ideas about who or what qualifies as country enough, and suggested that Lil Nas X’s race played a part in the song’s reclassification; the fact that Lil Nas X is a black teenager from Atlanta and country is a predominantly white genre did not go unnoticed.
The song quickly became the catalyst for an industry-wide discussion about the definition of country music and racially tinged gatekeeping within the genre. It also became the top song in the country, and has now been No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks straight.
Just like the song itself riled some country music fans amid an outpouring of support for Lil Nas X from his own expansive fanbase, the rapper’s collaboration with Wrangler has met with a polarized response.
The Lil Nas X capsule collection is clearly intended to celebrate and capitalize on the success of “Old Town Road.” Although many Lil Nas X fans have expressed interest in buying the collection, Wrangler is also facing criticism from some consumers, many of whom are threatening to boycott.
Much of the backlash is playing out on social media, where Wrangler has received thousands of comments from customers expressing anger and “disappointment.” (It is unclear if customers have also been contacting the company via other, less public methods; Vox has reached out to Wrangler for comment.) And much of the current conversation revolves around how Wrangler seems to be promoting inclusivity by branching out from its reputation as a brand worn by cowboys and farmers.
Two recent Instagram posts from Wrangler showcasing items from its Lil Nas X collection have received more than 1,000 comments each. While plenty of people have commented on how awesome it looks or asking questions about where to buy, several have declared that the “Old Town Road” items are “ruining the cowboy name that y’all have.”
“Wranglers are to be worn by cowboys and farmers not rappers this is very disappointing,” reads one representative Instagram comment.
Some commenters have more explicitly mentioned race — or called out others’ racism.
“This is the dumbest thing i have seen all day,” one user wrote. “Wtf @wrangler? Why is it about diversity and equality ? There jeans. Quit playin politics.”
WRANGLER JUST PARTNERED WITH LIL NAS X AND THE RACIST ARE MAD GO BUY UP ALL THE WRANGLER LIL NAS X COLLAB JEANS YOU CAN PEOPLE SUPPORT DIVERSITY pic.twitter.com/gwH2G7dULj
— tyler (@tylerujhazy) May 21, 2019
Lil Nas X, for his part, seemed mildly surprised by the response.
i mean honestly white people act like they are the only ones who are cowboys. come to my town in louisiana, we pull up to mcdonalds on horses and have rodeos every weekend.
— Blair Waldorf (@teonnyspears) May 21, 2019
These comments are in the same vein as those used by some country music fans to describe “Old Town Road” when the song made its chart debut, arguing that rappers have no place in the genre (often while neglecting to acknowledge modern country’s own hip-hop influences). Lingering over this debate is race, which many Instagram users have called out in the comments on Wrangler’s posts. Country music is perceived as an insular, predominantly white genre, while Lil Nas X is a black rapper who draws influences from black artists and musical styles.
But Wrangler’s continued support of Lil Nas X is clear; the brand has been actively responding to its detractors on social media, simply repeating on that is devoted to creating high-quality products for all of its customers.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the drama over the Lil Nas X collection has only served to draw more attention to it. Some pieces have already sold out, like a pair of shorts that say “Wrangler” on the booty, in keeping with the lyrics of “Old Town Road.” Considering that items in the collection cost between $39 for a graphic T-shirt and $129 for a pair of jeans, the outcry, at least from Wrangler’s perspective, seems to have paid off.
20 Times People Snapped Something Truly Exceptional and Shared the Pics With the World
We are living in the world that is full of surprises where every single day is a new chance to see something so unusual that it makes you doubt your own vision. A treble clef in a bag of fries, a cat whose fur went gray only on his ears, or a person with 6 fingers — these are just a few extraordinary sights that made people reach for their phones and take a pic.
Here at Bright Side we can’t wait to share our list with you of pics showing the standout things people snapped on their ordinary days.
20. Someone found a treble clef in their fries.
19. The pattern on this dog’s chest resembles a cat’s silhouette.
18. Someone saw a landscape on the bottom of their coffee mug.
17. This stone looks like a pile of mini chocolate bars.
16. This cloud looks like a shark.
15. “This stick I found looks like a burning torch, flame included!”
14. “My sweater sort of matches my pillowcase.”
13. “This truck is carrying nothing but a toy dump truck.”
12. “My empanadas have the filling stamped into them.”
11. “I randomly found the tiniest snail I’ve ever seen! (standard bobby pin for scale)”
10. “My cat has double fangs on both sides.”
9. “This tree near my school track has absorbed a fence and shows the pattern on its bark.”
8. “This is an X-ray of my hedgehog.”
7. “My 12-year-old sister made this perfect cake on her first ever try making one.”
6. “I won every single prize on this lottery ticket.”
5. “I made a giant cardboard statue of my face.”
4. “My cousin’s wedding dress from last night has its own pockets.”
3. This is one million dollars in $10 bills.
2. “A customer came in and let me take a picture of her hands that had 6 fingers on each.”
1. “My aunt’s cat’s ears grayed to here a couple years ago and haven’t changed since.”
Have you ever spotted something truly rare? Did you manage to take a picture of the unusual sight?
Viral News3 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News5 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 weeks ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News2 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News4 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News6 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News1 month ago
What Hail Satan? director Penny Lane learned from her doc on Satanists
topNews1 month ago
Rights group condemns U.S. ‘vigilante’ treatment of migrants on border