About 80 percent of adults experience back pain at some point in their daily lives. The statistics are alarming! It is the most common cause of missed work. Medication can be helpful, but it is always good to know some ways that don’t have side effects too.
We at Bright Side are always trying to find more ways to prevent back pain and want to share it with you!
1. Cat stretching with a chair
The cat stretch can help lengthen the back and ease tension in the muscles. But you can improve this technique and use a chair. It especially nice after a hard work day when you don’t have enough energy to do yoga or stretch.
- You just need a soft pillow between you and a chair or stool. Sit on your knees and position your body over the seat of the chair. Relax your whole body and let your spine get round. Your head should be down.
- Stay like this until you feel relief in your muscles.
2. Use special tape to relieve pain.
It’s simple and the manufacturers say it’s very effective. This special tape relieves pressure and pain, provides support, and increases circulation that helps you heal. When the tape is applied to your body it gently lifts your skin. It is believed that this helps to create a tiny space between your skin and the tissues underneath it. Very often, relief is felt immediately.
How to apply it:
- Clean and dry the problematic area first.
- Tear the backing paper in the center.
- After applying the first tab to anchor the tape, let the end recoil slightly. Then take off the backing paper.
- After you apply the tape, rub the strip vigorously for several seconds. Heat activates the glue. Full adhesion usually takes around 20 minutes.
Please consult with your therapist on how to properly apply this tape!
3. Hot stones for healing and relaxing.
You can get your own stones and relax your back at home. For example, you can find them by the seashore or buy them in a shop. The only requirement is that they should be rounded. By placing the warmed stones over acupressure points you can get rid of tension in your body and promote the body’s own healing process. It is always better to consult with your doctor, who can also advise where to apply them.
How to prepare and use the stones:
- Heat up the stones. Prepare your stones 30-60 minutes before you begin your massage. The water should be no more than 54°C (130°F ).
- Apply some massage oil on the stones.
- Don’t place a hot stone directly on your skin without first moving it slowly along your back before putting it on a point. And don’t lay on hot stones!
- Lay face down. Put the stones on your back along your spine and relax. It takes 3-4 minutes for the heat of the stones to penetrate the skin.
4. Capsicum plaster: a method that has withstood the test of time
What’s old is new again. With all these new technologies, we almost forgot about the old remedy that has always helped. Capsicum Plaster is used to produce heat, but you have to make sure you apply it on undamaged skin. It is used for backaches, swelling of the nerves, and muscle stiffness.
New research says that it is effective and that after 3 weeks of treatment, it was shown to reduce pain by 25% more in a group who used plaster in comparison to a group who just thought that they were using it.
How to use it:
- When you get your capsicum plaster, use it exactly as directed on the label.
- To apply a capsicum skin patch, remove the liner and apply the patch to your skin over the area of the pain. Press it firmly.
- Leave the plaster until it gets dry.
- Remove the patch and apply a new patch 1 or 2 times daily if needed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after applying the capsicum patch.
5. Use acupressure points.
Acupressure points are very helpful for back pain and using this technique doesn’t cause side effects like medication does. You can use this method in your daily routine. Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese physical therapy. It’s becoming more and more popular every day and it is a well-researched method for managing back pain. It works by stimulating the nervous system and releasing pain-relieving chemicals.
Some acupuncture points for back pain are on the backs of the knees, on the lower back, the feet, the hips, and the stomach.
How to press the points:
- Press the points with your thumb and hold for a couple of minutes.
- Release slowly.
6. Chiropractic technique for low-back pain
This may also be a good alternative to medication. Chiropractic spinal manipulation is effective for back pain. It’s basically analyzing the problem by using touch and then fixing it manually. It is estimated that chiropractors treat more than 35 million people in America annually!
But before doing any procedures, consult with your doctor so you don’t harm your spine!
It’s better to find a professional who can advise what is best for you. If you need some urgent and quick care for your back, it’s always good to know a chiropractic specialist.
Bonus: Floatation therapy can renew your back and whole body.
This procedure can be very powerful and quickly provide relief from back pain. It uses a special combination of magnesium, water, and air temperature inside the tank to heal you. Flotation therapy can also include some special relaxing visual and audio elements.
It is very effective for stress-related and chronic pain, and it was proved with several studies.
How the procedure goes:
- You enter the tank nude and are cut off from all outside stimulation, including sound, sight, and gravity when the tank’s lid or door is closed.
- You start floating weightlessly in the silence and darkness, the brain is supposed to enter into a deeply relaxed state.
Do you have your own methods for defeating back pain? Please, share them with us below!
Illustrated by Marat Nugumanov for BrightSide.me
Komünist Başkan, Aldığı Kararla Sosyal Medyada Trend Topic Oldu
Mehmet Fatih Maçoğlu’nun belediye başkanı olduğu Tunceli Belediyesi Meclisi, ‘Tunceli’ yazan belediye tabelasının ‘Dersim’ olarak değiştirilmesine karar verdi. Bu karar sonrası Maçoğlu, sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
Tunceli Belediye Başkanı TKP’li Fatih Mehmet Maçoğlu başkanlığında belediye meclis üyeleri toplantısında alınan kararla Tunceli Belediyesi tabelasının ‘Dersim Belediyesi’ olarak değiştirilmesi kararı alındı. Karar tartışma yaratırken ‘DersimdeğilTunceli’ etiketi sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
BELEDİYEDEN AÇIKLAMA YAPILDI
Belediyeden yapılan açıklamada Dersim ibaresiyle birlikte Zazaca ve Türkçe beleriye hizmetleri verileceği duyuruldu. Açıklamada şöyle denildi: “Kentimizin kültürü, tarihi ve inanç biçimini yaşatmak adına belediyemiz hizmet binasında bulunan tabelada yazılı ‘Tunceli’ ibaresinin değiştirilerek yerine ‘Dersim’ ibaresinin yazılması oy çokluğuyla kabul edildi. Haber
View at DailyMotion
15 Random People Who Look So Much Like Celebrities, You May Want to Take a Photo With Them
It’s not an easy goal to meet a real celebrity in our everyday life. Sometimes they are too busy with their activities or simply prefer to avoid public places. But when you see one right in front of you, don’t be too quick to jump over the moon and ask for a photo. Try to check their IDs first, because we are ready to show you that there are too many ordinary people who look just like stars and who probably wouldn’t miss a chance to pose and giggle afterward.
We at Bright Side compared photos of celebrities to their clones to demonstrate that this isn’t a joke. IDs first, photos after.
15. Kylie Jenner and Kristen Hancher, but which is which?
14. “My dad actually does Jack Nicholson lookalike work in Hollywood as a hobby.”
13. Breaking news! It seems Kim Kardashian has cloned herself.
12. “This fella lives in my house. I think James Franco and he follow each other on Instagram.”
11. “My sister always gets asked if she’s Julia Stiles.”
10. Nope, those aren’t just 2 pictures of Steve Buscemi!
9. Here’s chance for those who are upset that Michael Fassbender is married.
8. We’re just interested to see if Meghan Trainor’s double has the same talents.
7. We know this is pretty unexpected for Taylor Lautner, but we can’t unsee it.
6. This girl claims that she gets compared to Katy Perry daily.
5. When Chuck Norris is on vacation.
4. “Never mind, I’ll find someone like Adele.”
3. If Cobie Smulders doesn’t want to shoot How I Met Your Mother 10, there’s a perfect replacement out there.
2. Wait, so you’re saying that isn’t Zooey Deschanel on the right?
1. Even Zach Galifianakis and Jonah Hill can see this resemblance.
Do you have any friends who look exactly like movie stars? Show us their photos!
Research Says That People Who Blush Are More Generous and Trustworthy
Some people feel uncomfortable when they blush, because they believe that this reaction of their body makes them appear timid and insecure. However, the reality is very different, because blushing can make us look more sincere and trustworthy to other people.
Today, we at Bright Side would like to tell you why blushing is not a sign of weakness, as many used to think.
Humans are the only ones that blush.
Humans are the only species known to blush, according to the findings of Darwin. After observing the gestures of monkeys, while conducting his studies on evolution — he defined this reaction as “the most peculiar and the most human of all expressions,” that probably happens because of a social defense mechanism that humans create against feelings like guilt or shame.
It makes you more attractive to the opposite sex.
The truth is that, although it could be a social defense mechanism that speaks to our discomfort, we are more attractive when our cheeks begin to turn pink. This gesture reflects a bit of vulnerability, and it’s for that very reason that it also creates a sense of intimacy that is striking to the opposite sex. In addition, it makes us look radiant, which is why, when putting on makeup, we apply pink powder on our cheeks.
People who blush are more trustworthy.
According to a study that has been published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, people who blush easily are people who are considered to be trustworthy and more generous, compared to those who don’t react in the same way. The researchers of this study also claim that other forms of moderately expressing embarrassment and social vulnerability are true signs of virtue, since it’s not possible to reproduce these reactions voluntarily.
Other gestures that reveal our emotional state
In a series of experiments, 60 college students were videotaped recounting embarrassing moments. The results indicated that blushing generates trust in other people and that’s why we shouldn’t try to hide it. This investigation includes people who react with gestures like a downward gaze, covering their face, laughing involuntarily, and blushing at the slightest provocation.
Why we blush when we feel embarrassed
Our face turns red because when we are in an embarrassing situation, the body releases adrenaline, which is what causes the redness of the skin, as it increases the blood flow to the blood vessels. This process is linked to our sympathetic nervous system and, for this reason, we can’t control it. We can also feel our heart rate speed up, our breathing increase its frequency, and in some people it can cause them to start sweating.
When it comes to blushing, it’s impossible to lie.
Blushing is something that we, human beings, are unable to avoid. It’s a set of involuntary bodily functions that are unleashed when we are exposed to a situation that embarrasses us, although not always in an unpleasant way. But it always shows that something matters to us and that, if we’ve done something wrong, we do have the desire to fix it. Because of this, this reaction is linked to honesty. So, if you see your partner blushing, you should believe in what your eyes are seeing.
Do you blush very often? Do you find it embarrassing or is it something that doesn’t worry you too much? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019