It is quite possible to save a significant amount of money while you’re young. A Reddit user asked the question: “People under 30 who’ve already managed to save 100k, how did you do it?” and he received thousands of responses. Some people honestly admitted that they were lucky to be born in a rich family that helped them, but many people saved this amount completely on their own.
Bright Side chose the most popular tips and made a list. We don’t think that everyone can save this much money, but we are completely sure that anyone can save enough for an epic vacation.
1. Live with your parents.
More and more people prefer to live with their parents, even after the age of 30 — this is a worldwide tendency. A lot of money is spent on renting apartments, sometimes it’s 1/3 or even 1/2 of a person’s salary. Of course, not everyone wants to live with their parents, so in this case, you can split the rent with your friends, your partner, or other people.
- I lived at home with my parents. Lived in the suburbs and not in a place with many young people, so I rarely went out. This is where most of my savings came from. People don’t seem to realize how much you save by living with your parents. I saved at least $1200/month from rent alone during the first few years out of college. Add on utility and other bills and that’s another few hundred. I built connections and was promoted to a manager level position within 3 years. I now make $120k, but have since moved out and into my own place. © Joe-misidd
2. Make automatic transfers to a savings account the day you get your paycheck.
The research center Superjob did a survey: about 29% of people don’t add up their expenses and about 40% of people don’t have any savings at all. In reality, it is not as hard to save money as it seems and you don’t have to try to live on very little money. All you have to do is put aside 5-10% of your salary and the result will amaze you.
- I’m in my early 30s now, but I had over $100,000 in the bank before I was 30. Automatic transfers to my savings accounts and mutual funds as soon as I found my job— you can’t miss it if you never see it!! © Lewd_Topiary
3. Don’t rush to buy a car, especially an expensive one.
The president of France Emmanuel Macron and ex-Prime Minister of Denmark Lars Rasmussen on bicycles
Most people really don’t need anything more than public transportation and a bicycle, a car is just a symbol of success and nothing more. But in the case that a person doesn’t have a good financial cushion, they can’t think they are successful just because they have a car. In the Netherlands, for example, 36% of people prefer riding bicycles and the number of these people is growing.
- Commute to work on public transit. Most office jobs will pay or reimburse you for a transit pass. © aderptoremember
- Ride your bike. Save on gas and car wear. © SmashBusters
4. Don’t buy brand name things.
In the modern world, it is a little funny to buy brand name things. According to statistics, the number of people who borrow money from banks is constantly growing. Many of them buy trendy gadgets and cars and then they have nothing to eat. They can’t save enough money if they keep spending crazy amounts of money on things they don’t truly need.
- Basically, I don’t spend a lot of money on trivial stuff. I’m not into fashion or chasing electronic trends, when I need or want something I buy it for the hardware and quality, rather than the brand name. I didn’t have a car until I was 27 because I didn’t need one, public transportation worked very well for me. © Zerole00
5. Don’t use the phrase “I can afford this.”
Excessive consumption is one of the biggest vices of modern society. Even if a person earns enough money, the habit of buying anything this person wants leads to the inability to save a significant amount of money. Some people want to buy things that are not necessary but unique, and there is even a term for this phenomenon — snob effect.
- There are a lot of what I would call “poor rich” people. For example, my best friend. By all means, we had the exact same start — graduated college debt-free, got an old car from our parents, and landed well-paying jobs in the LA area. She and her husband make $135-145k jointly per year. My husband and I make $105k jointly per year. She is constantly broke and overdrafting her accounts, while my husband and I have $150,000 saved up. We’re 27. The primary issue comes down to daily spending habits. They eat out, they go to restaurants, they buy new devices… It’s easy to spend more than you earn if you can’t limit yourself. © emmaballoo
6. Buy property.
This data was taken from the official website of the apartment complex “The Scarlet Sales” in Moscow and Wikipedia.
The property, unless it’s a mortgage, pays itself off pretty quickly and it doesn’t matter if you live in it or if you rent it. The cost of property usually grows together with inflation – much faster than inflation in developing cities.
- I invested in real estate. Worked the night shift at McDonald’s until I could afford a $40k house. Spent my nights at McD and my days fixing the house. 8 years later, that house is now worth $140k. Last year, I pulled $60k in equity out of the house and bought another, this one for $195k. I now have renters in the first house paying me $1,100/month. © Rust_Dawg
7. Change your specialty or workplace.
Don’t be afraid to try something new while you are still young. There is a chance that you will discover a talent for something that will bring you more money and pleasure. And don’t hold on to a workplace if your career is not developing. There are hundreds of others in the market that will appreciate your knowledge and experience.
- $120k in our bank account, we are 24 years old. I started as a wedding photographer and then I organized my own online courses. It turned out that teaching people to take photos is much more profitable. But my wife and I have a pretty simple life, we don’t have fancy clothes or a cool car. © saltwatersaguaro
8. Learn to cook.
Go to eat out very rarely. Eating out often is not only bad for your budget, but also bad for your health. So the cheapest way to eat is cooking at home.
- I won’t say I never get a drink at a restaurant, but I rarely do. It just adds dollars to the bill… And this adds up if you do it a lot. Instead, we spend $25 on mixers/vodka and make drinks at home for like 2 nights… It’d cost $100+ to do that in a restaurant. Cook at home, don’t give in to the temptation of going out to eat on a regular basis. It matters a lot for someone making ~$35k/year. When you’re making $350k, then you can ignore these expenses. © ACreativeTechnophile
9. Don’t look for easy money.
There is no such thing as easy money and risky things like gambling are great ways to lose all your money. Even a profitable thing like the stock market requires a lot of effort and thorough research — there is no place for luck there.
- Got an inheritance of about $1.2 million, joined the stock market and now have $100k. © unknown author
But before, decide what you want from your youth. Living with your parents, using public transportation, being careful about every purchase you make? A happy youth or investments in the future should be everyone’s personal choice.
- I get the point you’re making, and good on you for saving well and being so disciplined, but I can’t really fault your friends either. Yes, they are spending more than they need to, but they’re also enjoying their lives and seem fairly well set up to maintain their lifestyle. Assuming they have income protection in case their circumstances change, I can’t really fault them either. Money is a tool and if that tool can be used for pleasure without harming your future too much, then that seems fine too. Can’t fit much cash in your grave after all. © Deepandabear
Do you save money? Can you recommend any effective tips?
Illustrated by Anastasiya Pavlova for BrightSide.me
Komünist Başkan, Aldığı Kararla Sosyal Medyada Trend Topic Oldu
Mehmet Fatih Maçoğlu’nun belediye başkanı olduğu Tunceli Belediyesi Meclisi, ‘Tunceli’ yazan belediye tabelasının ‘Dersim’ olarak değiştirilmesine karar verdi. Bu karar sonrası Maçoğlu, sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
Tunceli Belediye Başkanı TKP’li Fatih Mehmet Maçoğlu başkanlığında belediye meclis üyeleri toplantısında alınan kararla Tunceli Belediyesi tabelasının ‘Dersim Belediyesi’ olarak değiştirilmesi kararı alındı. Karar tartışma yaratırken ‘DersimdeğilTunceli’ etiketi sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
BELEDİYEDEN AÇIKLAMA YAPILDI
Belediyeden yapılan açıklamada Dersim ibaresiyle birlikte Zazaca ve Türkçe beleriye hizmetleri verileceği duyuruldu. Açıklamada şöyle denildi: “Kentimizin kültürü, tarihi ve inanç biçimini yaşatmak adına belediyemiz hizmet binasında bulunan tabelada yazılı ‘Tunceli’ ibaresinin değiştirilerek yerine ‘Dersim’ ibaresinin yazılması oy çokluğuyla kabul edildi. Haber
View at DailyMotion
15 Random People Who Look So Much Like Celebrities, You May Want to Take a Photo With Them
It’s not an easy goal to meet a real celebrity in our everyday life. Sometimes they are too busy with their activities or simply prefer to avoid public places. But when you see one right in front of you, don’t be too quick to jump over the moon and ask for a photo. Try to check their IDs first, because we are ready to show you that there are too many ordinary people who look just like stars and who probably wouldn’t miss a chance to pose and giggle afterward.
We at Bright Side compared photos of celebrities to their clones to demonstrate that this isn’t a joke. IDs first, photos after.
15. Kylie Jenner and Kristen Hancher, but which is which?
14. “My dad actually does Jack Nicholson lookalike work in Hollywood as a hobby.”
13. Breaking news! It seems Kim Kardashian has cloned herself.
12. “This fella lives in my house. I think James Franco and he follow each other on Instagram.”
11. “My sister always gets asked if she’s Julia Stiles.”
10. Nope, those aren’t just 2 pictures of Steve Buscemi!
9. Here’s chance for those who are upset that Michael Fassbender is married.
8. We’re just interested to see if Meghan Trainor’s double has the same talents.
7. We know this is pretty unexpected for Taylor Lautner, but we can’t unsee it.
6. This girl claims that she gets compared to Katy Perry daily.
5. When Chuck Norris is on vacation.
4. “Never mind, I’ll find someone like Adele.”
3. If Cobie Smulders doesn’t want to shoot How I Met Your Mother 10, there’s a perfect replacement out there.
2. Wait, so you’re saying that isn’t Zooey Deschanel on the right?
1. Even Zach Galifianakis and Jonah Hill can see this resemblance.
Do you have any friends who look exactly like movie stars? Show us their photos!
Research Says That People Who Blush Are More Generous and Trustworthy
Some people feel uncomfortable when they blush, because they believe that this reaction of their body makes them appear timid and insecure. However, the reality is very different, because blushing can make us look more sincere and trustworthy to other people.
Today, we at Bright Side would like to tell you why blushing is not a sign of weakness, as many used to think.
Humans are the only ones that blush.
Humans are the only species known to blush, according to the findings of Darwin. After observing the gestures of monkeys, while conducting his studies on evolution — he defined this reaction as “the most peculiar and the most human of all expressions,” that probably happens because of a social defense mechanism that humans create against feelings like guilt or shame.
It makes you more attractive to the opposite sex.
The truth is that, although it could be a social defense mechanism that speaks to our discomfort, we are more attractive when our cheeks begin to turn pink. This gesture reflects a bit of vulnerability, and it’s for that very reason that it also creates a sense of intimacy that is striking to the opposite sex. In addition, it makes us look radiant, which is why, when putting on makeup, we apply pink powder on our cheeks.
People who blush are more trustworthy.
According to a study that has been published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, people who blush easily are people who are considered to be trustworthy and more generous, compared to those who don’t react in the same way. The researchers of this study also claim that other forms of moderately expressing embarrassment and social vulnerability are true signs of virtue, since it’s not possible to reproduce these reactions voluntarily.
Other gestures that reveal our emotional state
In a series of experiments, 60 college students were videotaped recounting embarrassing moments. The results indicated that blushing generates trust in other people and that’s why we shouldn’t try to hide it. This investigation includes people who react with gestures like a downward gaze, covering their face, laughing involuntarily, and blushing at the slightest provocation.
Why we blush when we feel embarrassed
Our face turns red because when we are in an embarrassing situation, the body releases adrenaline, which is what causes the redness of the skin, as it increases the blood flow to the blood vessels. This process is linked to our sympathetic nervous system and, for this reason, we can’t control it. We can also feel our heart rate speed up, our breathing increase its frequency, and in some people it can cause them to start sweating.
When it comes to blushing, it’s impossible to lie.
Blushing is something that we, human beings, are unable to avoid. It’s a set of involuntary bodily functions that are unleashed when we are exposed to a situation that embarrasses us, although not always in an unpleasant way. But it always shows that something matters to us and that, if we’ve done something wrong, we do have the desire to fix it. Because of this, this reaction is linked to honesty. So, if you see your partner blushing, you should believe in what your eyes are seeing.
Do you blush very often? Do you find it embarrassing or is it something that doesn’t worry you too much? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019