“No dollar will pass between butt and ass”, Bill Gates once said. The theory that the path to success comes from hard work has been proven with the examples of other modern billionaires because most of them earned their fortune themselves, they didn’t just inherit it. And, of course, the path they made to success left an imprint on their faces.
Bright Side invites you to take a look at the photos of the richest people in the world that were taken before they became incredibly rich and also learn some fascinating facts about these billionaires —perhaps some of these stories will help you out with something in your own life.
Jeff Bezos, $120 billion
In 2017, Jeff Bezos, the owner and founder of the online store Amazon became the richest person in the world. The project was started in 1995 in a garage and just 4 years later, the value of the company was estimated at $6 billion. Aside from the online store, Bezos owns the huge publishing house, The Washington Post and is the founder of Blue Origin, an American, privately funded aerospace manufacturer.
- Jeff Bezos had his first meetings with clients and partners in a book store next to the garage.
- The laughter of the richest man in the world is just as famous as the man himself. The businessman laughs during negotiations and interviews, and you can even watch a compilation of him laughing on YouTube. Try not to smile while watching it.
Bill Gates, $92 billion
The Microsoft company was set up in 1976 and 10 years later, Bill Gates earned his first billion dollars. According to some sources, in 2006, his income was $6,659 per minute which is equal to $10 million a day.
- Bill Gates has donated more money to charity than anyone else in human history: he gave $37 billion to charitable funds.
- At the age of 13, he and his friends hacked a school computer and gained access to secret information. Instead of getting punished, the young hacker got a job offer from a computer center.
Mark Zuckerberg, $72 billion
In 2004, at the age of 20, Mark Zuckerberg founded a website which later developed into the biggest social network in the world. By the way, he didn’t get his degree until 2017 because he dropped out from Harvard University to work.
- Mark was 11 years old when he developed the first messenger.
- The Zuckerberg family has a dog — a Hungarian sheepdog named Beast (and it’s gorgeous). Of course, Beast has his own Facebook page.
Sergey Brin ($50 billion) and Larry Page ($51 billion)
In 1998, Sergey Brin and his friend Larry Page founded a company called Google that allowed them to be on the list of Forbes just 6 years later. The first office of this gigantic company was located in a garage (see the photo) which belonged to a girl Sergey knew.
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page are developing an anti-aging program.
- There are goats hired by Google. They eat outside in front of the office and there is a shepherd looking after them.
Jack Ma, $41 billion
The founder of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma, couldn’t find a job after he finished his education and was rejected by 12 companies (even KFC). In 1995, he went to the US and returned home with an idea to set up an Internet company which he did 4 years later. In the beginning, the company wasn’t profitable but after the first dollar he earned in 2002, the business started booming, and in 2012 the profit of the company was at about $15 billion.
- In order to study English, Jack Ma spent many years doing free tours around his hometown for tourists.
- It was tourists who gave him the name Jack even though Ma Yun is the name of the richest man in China.
Elon Musk, $21 billion
In 2003, Elon Musk set up a car company, Tesla Motors, that makes electric cars and 11 years later, he made a 76-hour-long drive that cost $0 (about the cost of the car’s fuel). This achievement is listed in the Guinness World Records.
The SpaceX company that works on spaceship launches was set up in 2002 and at the beginning of 2018, Elon Musk successfully launched Falcon Heavy to Mars. It was the first time in history that a rocket of such power was launched by a private company and not a government agency.
- According to the director of Iron Man, Elon Musk was the prototype of Tony Stark who was portrayed by Robert John Downey Jr.
- At the age of 12, Elon Musk created and sold his own videogame for $500.
Richard Branson, $5 billion
The brand Virgin that includes more than 400 companies today was created by the famous billionaire, Richard Branson, at the age of 20. At first, he opened a music store, then a series of insurance companies and movie industry organizations. In 1984, Branson set up Virgin Atlantic Airways, an air company, and 20 years later, he opened Virgin Galactic that allows you to go to space as a tourist.
Richard Branson has dozens of nicknames such as Hippie Billionaire, Nail in the Big Business Boot and others.
The future billionaire made his first business calls from a pay phone. But time was very limited, so Branson developed his own distinct manner of negotiating.
Ralph Lauren, $6 billion
Ralph Lauren created his first clothing collection with a golf player as the logo at the age of 30. Today, the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation makes perfume, furniture, textiles, dishes, wallpaper, sweets, and even things for pets. In 2007, Ralph Lauren was given the prestigious Fashion Legend Award.
- The real name of the designer is Ralph Rueben Lifshitz. He was born in a family of poor Jewish immigrants from Belarus.
- The first designer idea that Ralph had was when he read The Great Gatsby. But the company he worked for at the time rejected it. This was the moment he realized he had to do something on his own and 8 years later, he was working on the costumes for The Great Gatsby film by Paramount Pictures.
Travis Kalanick, $5 billion
In 2009, Travis Kalanick along with Garrett Camp developed the application Uber that allowed taxi drivers to connect with passengers. Today, the company has offices in 58 countries and more than 300 cities across the entire world.
- Travis’ parents were the first Uber passengers.
- The people who know Travis Kalanick describe him as a very stubborn and persistent person. Once, he spent 9 hours in a Google office trying to convince an employee to work for his company.
Oprah Winfrey, $3 billion
After 10 years of working for Baltimore’s WJZ-TV as an anchor of morning news, Oprah Winfrey created her own program in 1986. The Oprah Winfrey Show was on air for 25 years and was broadcast in 140 countries. After the show ended, Oprah Winfrey made her own channel, OWN.
- At the beginning of her career, Oprah was a news anchor but was fired because she was too emotional. Once, she even cried in a live show.
- In 1993, Oprah interviewed Michael Jackson. The show was watched by more than 90 million people which made it the most watched show in the history of American television.
Donald Trump, $3 billion
After studying, the young Donald Trump was serious about entering film school but in the end, he decided to work in real estate because he realized it was a more profitable business. His first project was a complex of 1,200 apartments that was built incredibly fast and sold at a great price.
10 years later, Donald Trump became a billionaire. In 2002, he started working on his childhood dream of working in the movie industry. He took part in several films and TV series and was the main character of The Apprentice.
- When Donald Trump became president, he set several records: he’s the oldest person to become a US president, he’s the first person to be president who had more than $3 billion, and the first person to become president without prior experience in the government or the military.
- From 1990 to 2015, Donald Trump wrote and published 17 books about self-development and success. Some of them were written in collaboration with other writers.
We were impressed by many people’s stories from this list but the most impressive one was Jack Ma’s story. Which one did you like most?
Komünist Başkan, Aldığı Kararla Sosyal Medyada Trend Topic Oldu
Mehmet Fatih Maçoğlu’nun belediye başkanı olduğu Tunceli Belediyesi Meclisi, ‘Tunceli’ yazan belediye tabelasının ‘Dersim’ olarak değiştirilmesine karar verdi. Bu karar sonrası Maçoğlu, sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
Tunceli Belediye Başkanı TKP’li Fatih Mehmet Maçoğlu başkanlığında belediye meclis üyeleri toplantısında alınan kararla Tunceli Belediyesi tabelasının ‘Dersim Belediyesi’ olarak değiştirilmesi kararı alındı. Karar tartışma yaratırken ‘DersimdeğilTunceli’ etiketi sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
BELEDİYEDEN AÇIKLAMA YAPILDI
Belediyeden yapılan açıklamada Dersim ibaresiyle birlikte Zazaca ve Türkçe beleriye hizmetleri verileceği duyuruldu. Açıklamada şöyle denildi: “Kentimizin kültürü, tarihi ve inanç biçimini yaşatmak adına belediyemiz hizmet binasında bulunan tabelada yazılı ‘Tunceli’ ibaresinin değiştirilerek yerine ‘Dersim’ ibaresinin yazılması oy çokluğuyla kabul edildi. Haber
View at DailyMotion
15 Random People Who Look So Much Like Celebrities, You May Want to Take a Photo With Them
It’s not an easy goal to meet a real celebrity in our everyday life. Sometimes they are too busy with their activities or simply prefer to avoid public places. But when you see one right in front of you, don’t be too quick to jump over the moon and ask for a photo. Try to check their IDs first, because we are ready to show you that there are too many ordinary people who look just like stars and who probably wouldn’t miss a chance to pose and giggle afterward.
We at Bright Side compared photos of celebrities to their clones to demonstrate that this isn’t a joke. IDs first, photos after.
15. Kylie Jenner and Kristen Hancher, but which is which?
14. “My dad actually does Jack Nicholson lookalike work in Hollywood as a hobby.”
13. Breaking news! It seems Kim Kardashian has cloned herself.
12. “This fella lives in my house. I think James Franco and he follow each other on Instagram.”
11. “My sister always gets asked if she’s Julia Stiles.”
10. Nope, those aren’t just 2 pictures of Steve Buscemi!
9. Here’s chance for those who are upset that Michael Fassbender is married.
8. We’re just interested to see if Meghan Trainor’s double has the same talents.
7. We know this is pretty unexpected for Taylor Lautner, but we can’t unsee it.
6. This girl claims that she gets compared to Katy Perry daily.
5. When Chuck Norris is on vacation.
4. “Never mind, I’ll find someone like Adele.”
3. If Cobie Smulders doesn’t want to shoot How I Met Your Mother 10, there’s a perfect replacement out there.
2. Wait, so you’re saying that isn’t Zooey Deschanel on the right?
1. Even Zach Galifianakis and Jonah Hill can see this resemblance.
Do you have any friends who look exactly like movie stars? Show us their photos!
Research Says That People Who Blush Are More Generous and Trustworthy
Some people feel uncomfortable when they blush, because they believe that this reaction of their body makes them appear timid and insecure. However, the reality is very different, because blushing can make us look more sincere and trustworthy to other people.
Today, we at Bright Side would like to tell you why blushing is not a sign of weakness, as many used to think.
Humans are the only ones that blush.
Humans are the only species known to blush, according to the findings of Darwin. After observing the gestures of monkeys, while conducting his studies on evolution — he defined this reaction as “the most peculiar and the most human of all expressions,” that probably happens because of a social defense mechanism that humans create against feelings like guilt or shame.
It makes you more attractive to the opposite sex.
The truth is that, although it could be a social defense mechanism that speaks to our discomfort, we are more attractive when our cheeks begin to turn pink. This gesture reflects a bit of vulnerability, and it’s for that very reason that it also creates a sense of intimacy that is striking to the opposite sex. In addition, it makes us look radiant, which is why, when putting on makeup, we apply pink powder on our cheeks.
People who blush are more trustworthy.
According to a study that has been published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, people who blush easily are people who are considered to be trustworthy and more generous, compared to those who don’t react in the same way. The researchers of this study also claim that other forms of moderately expressing embarrassment and social vulnerability are true signs of virtue, since it’s not possible to reproduce these reactions voluntarily.
Other gestures that reveal our emotional state
In a series of experiments, 60 college students were videotaped recounting embarrassing moments. The results indicated that blushing generates trust in other people and that’s why we shouldn’t try to hide it. This investigation includes people who react with gestures like a downward gaze, covering their face, laughing involuntarily, and blushing at the slightest provocation.
Why we blush when we feel embarrassed
Our face turns red because when we are in an embarrassing situation, the body releases adrenaline, which is what causes the redness of the skin, as it increases the blood flow to the blood vessels. This process is linked to our sympathetic nervous system and, for this reason, we can’t control it. We can also feel our heart rate speed up, our breathing increase its frequency, and in some people it can cause them to start sweating.
When it comes to blushing, it’s impossible to lie.
Blushing is something that we, human beings, are unable to avoid. It’s a set of involuntary bodily functions that are unleashed when we are exposed to a situation that embarrasses us, although not always in an unpleasant way. But it always shows that something matters to us and that, if we’ve done something wrong, we do have the desire to fix it. Because of this, this reaction is linked to honesty. So, if you see your partner blushing, you should believe in what your eyes are seeing.
Do you blush very often? Do you find it embarrassing or is it something that doesn’t worry you too much? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019