Bulking up can be frustrating, but it really isn’t that difficult if you know what to do. You just need to make sure you are gaining muscle in ways that are healthy, not to mention, ways that work for you. We have some tips that can help you get strong, that are coming straight from the doctors’ mouths.
We at Bright Side are always on your side when it comes to your health, so we are presenting this advice in simple parts, just for you. Don’t forget to check out our bonus where we also break things down for you step-by-step!
When trying to gain muscle, start in the kitchen. What and how much you eat can help make or break the difference when trying to bulk up:
- The word “diet” might make you think you need to cut back on eating to get in shape, but when gaining muscle, you might need to increase your intake. If you normally consume around 2,000 calories a day, try adding around 500. In addition to that, growing muscles will help boost your metabolism, requiring you to eat more.
- That said, you should eat protein to support muscle gain, around 2 to 4 grams per kilograms of your own body weight. Try foods that are high in protein, like eggs, lentils, oats, or Greek yogurt. Alternatively, you can also try protein drinks.
- Instead of having 2 or 3 full meals per day, try eating small meals around 5 to 6 times a day, especially pre-workout meals.
- Consume unsaturated fats, like those found in avocados, almonds, cashews, or peanuts, as they help distribute vitamins throughout your body. Limit saturated fats, like fatty cuts of meat or high-fat dairy foods.
- Ask your doctor about vitamin and mineral supplements that can also help your diet.
2. General exercise
Exercise is important, but you need to make sure to focus on both general exercise and exercises concentrated on working your muscles.
- Start with basic exercises and warm-ups, like short runs or lifting small weights. Not only does this prepare your body, it also puts you in the right mental state for exercise.
- As the word “general” suggests, make sure you are performing exercises that work your whole body, which can include pull-ups, push-ups, rowing, and lifting.
- Limit cardiovascular exercises, like running, swimming, jogging in place, jumping jacks, and jumping rope, as this is used more to burn fat than to develop muscles.
3. Specific muscle conditioning
As mentioned, you need to perform exercises that focus on specific muscle areas:
- Divide your daily workout routine into different exercises, making sure to focus on specific muscle regions either per day or per week. Ultimately, by the end of the week or even day, you will have given all of your muscles attention, just at different times. If you worked your upper body, make sure to work your lower body soon afterward. In other words, don’t forget “leg day.”
- Learn which exercises help which muscles. Chest exercises, like the bench press, can help build up pectorals. Work your triceps with arm exercises, like dips and dumbbell stretches. Perform squats to work your quadriceps.
4. Additional tips
- Don’t get into a rut. Once you master an exercise, gradually increase weights or the work you perform to see improvement.
- Keep to a schedule when it comes to timing. If you normally perform one exercise for 10 minutes, always keep it at around 10 minutes.
- Understand that genetics can make or break you when it comes to developing muscles. Because of this, you might need to try different exercises and even diets to see what works for you. Likewise, don’t let other people having better success with their exercise plan intimidate you.
- Rest is important, too. You need around 7 to 8 hours of sleep per day to help you repair and rebuild your muscles.
- It is entirely possible to overdo training, especially when it comes to muscle growth. Over-training can stop your muscles from getting the needed nourishment from oxygen. If you feel insomnia, depression, chronic pain, chronic fatigue, loss of strength, or no appetite, it’s time to take a break.
Bonus: Here’s a workout plan for you!
Here’s a sample schedule you can use to balance out your workout in just 5 days.
- Monday: Work your chest and biceps.
- Tuesday: Work your legs and triceps.
- Wednesday: Work your back.
- Thursday: Work your abdominals/core.
- Friday: Work your torso area.
- Saturday: Rest. Like we said above, overdoing can hurt you in the long run and what better time to rest than the weekend.
- Sunday: Rest. After all, it’s still the weekend.
Keep in mind, the days of the week are just a suggestion. You can rearrange the schedule to make it fit better with your lifestyle. If you normally have a lot of free time on Saturday, but not on Wednesday, use Wednesday instead of Saturday as one of your rest days.
Likewise, for days when you do more than one exercise, you can arrange it your way. Some people might combine chest with quads; others might combine chest with back exercises.
What are some other tips you have when it comes to gaining muscle? Let us know!
16 Striking Photos That Can Touch Your Heart
Photos keep our memories safe and every time we look at them we can immerse ourselves in the moments that have been captured in them. They can also help us to understand what’s really important in this world. And it doesn’t matter whether these photos are from your personal album or belong to somebody else. Their messages, feelings, and emotions can be perceived in one glance.
Here at Bright Side, we believe that the following photos will really touch your heart.
This couple has battled leukemia for 15 years since they were children. Now they’re husband and wife.
This fireman gave a cat that got hurt in a fire mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and saved it.
“My dad, who has dementia, trying to remember my name”
His owner passed away but the dog continues to sit near his bed and wait.
This is what depression looks like over 24 hours.
Have you ever seen a blind dog enjoying the sounds of a lake?
An Iranian girl cheers for her favorite football team from behind the fence since Iranian women aren’t allowed into stadiums.
“My mom painted dementia.”
When all you have is memories:
The 3 social classes in The Philippines in one photo
“My buddy, a glass blowing artist, used my dad’s ashes to make a keepsake marble I can take with me anywhere.”
“She gave me the best 11 years of her life and I can only hope that I was able to do the same thing for her.”
“A year ago, my little sister left this world. This weekend her heart recipient met my mom and shared her heart beat.”
“The moment your dog comes out of the fire you thought he died in”
“3 months ago we were told our newborn was blind. 2 weeks ago we found out the doctors were wrong. Today, she got her glasses.”
“I’m just so proud of you!”
Today my daughter graduated from pre-K. After the ceremony, my son walked up to her and gave her a hug. “I’m just so proud of you,” he said. Then, of course, my daughter started crying. As we wiped away our tears, my husband asked her, “Pumpkin, why are you crying?” She responded, “I’m just so happy.”
Each photo has its own story. Which of them touched you the most?
Komünist Başkan, Aldığı Kararla Sosyal Medyada Trend Topic Oldu
Mehmet Fatih Maçoğlu’nun belediye başkanı olduğu Tunceli Belediyesi Meclisi, ‘Tunceli’ yazan belediye tabelasının ‘Dersim’ olarak değiştirilmesine karar verdi. Bu karar sonrası Maçoğlu, sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
Tunceli Belediye Başkanı TKP’li Fatih Mehmet Maçoğlu başkanlığında belediye meclis üyeleri toplantısında alınan kararla Tunceli Belediyesi tabelasının ‘Dersim Belediyesi’ olarak değiştirilmesi kararı alındı. Karar tartışma yaratırken ‘DersimdeğilTunceli’ etiketi sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
BELEDİYEDEN AÇIKLAMA YAPILDI
Belediyeden yapılan açıklamada Dersim ibaresiyle birlikte Zazaca ve Türkçe beleriye hizmetleri verileceği duyuruldu. Açıklamada şöyle denildi: “Kentimizin kültürü, tarihi ve inanç biçimini yaşatmak adına belediyemiz hizmet binasında bulunan tabelada yazılı ‘Tunceli’ ibaresinin değiştirilerek yerine ‘Dersim’ ibaresinin yazılması oy çokluğuyla kabul edildi. Haber
View at DailyMotion
15 Random People Who Look So Much Like Celebrities, You May Want to Take a Photo With Them
It’s not an easy goal to meet a real celebrity in our everyday life. Sometimes they are too busy with their activities or simply prefer to avoid public places. But when you see one right in front of you, don’t be too quick to jump over the moon and ask for a photo. Try to check their IDs first, because we are ready to show you that there are too many ordinary people who look just like stars and who probably wouldn’t miss a chance to pose and giggle afterward.
We at Bright Side compared photos of celebrities to their clones to demonstrate that this isn’t a joke. IDs first, photos after.
15. Kylie Jenner and Kristen Hancher, but which is which?
14. “My dad actually does Jack Nicholson lookalike work in Hollywood as a hobby.”
13. Breaking news! It seems Kim Kardashian has cloned herself.
12. “This fella lives in my house. I think James Franco and he follow each other on Instagram.”
11. “My sister always gets asked if she’s Julia Stiles.”
10. Nope, those aren’t just 2 pictures of Steve Buscemi!
9. Here’s chance for those who are upset that Michael Fassbender is married.
8. We’re just interested to see if Meghan Trainor’s double has the same talents.
7. We know this is pretty unexpected for Taylor Lautner, but we can’t unsee it.
6. This girl claims that she gets compared to Katy Perry daily.
5. When Chuck Norris is on vacation.
4. “Never mind, I’ll find someone like Adele.”
3. If Cobie Smulders doesn’t want to shoot How I Met Your Mother 10, there’s a perfect replacement out there.
2. Wait, so you’re saying that isn’t Zooey Deschanel on the right?
1. Even Zach Galifianakis and Jonah Hill can see this resemblance.
Do you have any friends who look exactly like movie stars? Show us their photos!
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019