32 Purrfect Cat Photos That Can Heal You After a Hard Day
It’s believed that interacting with animals can help boost our mood and even cure illnesses. The way they behave, the way they look, and even the way they move can leave anyone in awe. The photos of the adorable and lovely cats that our article contains are no exception, because they can make any day brighter.
Bright Side adores animals, and cats in particular, therefore, we are eager to share with you some photos of cats that will definitely make your day.
1. “My cat on his first days in my home”
2. “Don’t I look more adorable when I’m upside down?”
3. “A very good morning to everyone”
4. 3 Musketeers
5. “Did you say you don’t like black or grey?”
6. “Taking my first steps”
7. “Which of my 3 colors do you like the most?”
8. A hat full of happiness…Jump in!
9. “Did you say there is no more milk left in the fridge?”
10. “I’m coming!”
11. Sleeping beauty
12. “My new kitten has the biggest ears.”
13. “Are you leaving? Can you take me with you, pleeeease?”
14. “You didn’t need the sink, did you?”
15. “Do I look nice with this flower crown?”
16. Copy cat
17. “What a nice day!”
18. Stairway to heaven
19. “Were you expecting to see another present under your Christmas tree?”
20. “This is Nala, she gave us quite a scare when we couldn’t find her anywhere.”
21. “Urgent hugs, guys!”
22. “What do you want from me, human?”
23. “Can I have some more milk? Pleeeease!”
24. “I just can’t… put my cup in the holder now.”
25. “Do you want to play hide-and-seek?”
26. A fluffy batty bat
27. “5 more minutes, please”
28. “Because we are a couple.”
29. The level of sweetness = +100500
30. Ah, those paws!
31. Morning stretches
32. Loveliness overload
Do you have super sweet photos of your pets? We would be glad to see their pics in the comments!
These Spring Hair Trends are Taking Over—Here’s All the Inspiration You Need
12 Etiquette Habits We Don’t Realize Are Crucial for a Well-Mannered Person
The word “etiquette” seems to be so old-fashioned. Most of us probably think that it has disappeared into oblivion together with gentlemen who used to take their hats off in front of women, but in fact, it still exists. The thing is, the rules have changed, but we still should follow them in order to not feel awkward.
Bright Side thinks that all polite people want to know and observe etiquette rules, especially when some of them aren’t that obvious.
12. Public restrooms
Polite people know that after using the bathroom, we have to wash our hands. But there are some other rules:
- Don’t try to open the door of a closed stall. The door could open, and there could be a person in there. If that happened, you’ll both feel awkward.
- Men are recommended to keep some distance between each other and by skipping urinals.
- If you need to reapply makeup, don’t occupy the mirror next to the hand dryer. You will be making people who have already washed their hands wait.
11. Hold your cup correctly.
It may sound surprising, but a cup of tea and a cup of coffee should be held differently.
While holding a tea cup, you never loop your index finger into the handle. Instead, your index finger should meet your thumb through the handle as if you were pinching something, and your middle finger should support it by being placed under the handle.
The proper way to hold a coffee cup is totally different: you loop your index finger into the handle and keep your thumb on the top of the handle. Your remaining 3 fingers — middle, index, and pinkie — are tucked into the palm of your hand.
10. If you need to blow your nose
Etiquette experts recommend blowing your nose really quickly and quietly enough so that people won’t notice it. If you feel it’s going to be loud, it’s better to leave the public place and do it when you’re all alone.
The most strict rules are applied to blowing your nose during dinner. Don’t do it at the dining table, even if you’re really close to your relatives or friends. Go to the bathroom, blow your nose, wash your hands, and go back.
True ladies and gentlemen don’t use paper handkerchiefs, they prefer handkerchiefs made from fabrics. Of course it’s not a good decision when it comes to hygiene, but in this case, you should observe all the etiquette rules.
9. If your food is stuck in your teeth
It’s prohibited to use a toothpick at the table. If you realize that food is stuck in your teeth, try to rinse your mouth (and make sure no one notices it). Didn’t work? Go to the bathroom then.
But if this has happened to another person, and they don’t know it, there’s a trick you can do that is based on mirroring:
- Move your tongue over your teeth (keeping your mouth closed). Maybe then your tablemate will start to repeat the same movement and understand what’s going on.
But if the person doesn’t understand your hints, don’t stay silent. Tell the person about their problem (again, make sure no one else can hear you).
8. If someone’s fly is down
If you find out your fly is unzipped in public, go to the restroom and zip up your pants. If there’s no opportunity to leave this public place (or room), you can just turn to the wall so that no one can see you and zip up your fly.
If you notice someone else’s unzipped fly, experts say that you have to inform the person. You just have to make sure no one else can hear you.
The “fly rule” works for other clothing issues as well: for example, if you notice a price tag.
7. If your colleague smells bad
As a rule, big companies have rather strict hygiene rules, and foods or perfumes with strong smells are prohibited.
But if your colleague doesn’t want to follow even the simplest rules, you have to act as a good negotiator. Ask your colleague to listen to you and let them know that the conversation is going to be kind of unpleasant. Go ahead only after the person agrees to listen to you.
You’ll find a detailed conversation plan here.
6. If your food is too hot
If you suddenly realize that your food is too hot, don’t spit it out on a napkin. You also shouldn’t breathe with your mouth wide open. Just drink some cold water or any other beverage. By the way, it’s also prohibited to blow on your dish. Your only option is to sit and wait until it gets cooler.
5. Your boss pays too much attention to you
Both men and women suffer from sexual harassment at work. If you face this problem, don’t stay silent and don’t be afraid. Let your boss know that you find their compliments or remarks unpleasant. If it doesn’t work, inform their boss.
Sometimes it’s difficult to identify harassment. Here’s an example:
- “You look great in that dress!” — is a compliment.
- “Your booty looks great in that dress!” — is inappropriate behavior.
4. If you want to take a selfie
Yes, to take a selfie you should follow some etiquette rules. Always ask for permission, even if you want to take a pic with your friend. Let them prepare for the photo: we all want to look good in our pictures.
Don’t take selfies in the bathroom, in extreme or dangerous situations, or near accidents. These are signs of bad manners, carelessness, and even cruelty.
3. You need to split the bill with your friends, and they’ve eaten more than you
While it might be unfair to ask someone to pay for a whole meal they haven’t eaten — it might also be awkward to bring this up to your friends. Just add up the approximate sum of your dinner, round it up to a bigger sum, and leave that amount. And remember, if you’re spending time with your friends, it’s could be better to just split the bill evenly.
2. Tell the difference between a pregnant woman and an overweight woman
Offering a pregnant woman a seat is an important rule. But it’s really awkward if you confuse a pregnant and an overweight woman.
Here are some signs that can help you:
- For the most part, pregnant women don’t wear high heels and their ankles are usually swollen.
- Consider their position. If a woman’s holding their lower back or transferring her weight from one leg to another, she’s probably pregnant, and it’s better to offer her a seat.
If you’re still not sure, it’s recommended to stand up silently so that the woman can decide whether she wants to take a seat or not.
1. If you rip your pants
Internet users give different pieces of advice: staple along the inner seam, cover the hole with a sweater by wrapping it around your waist, or call someone and ask for help.
The methods are so different, but there’s one rule: you shouldn’t tell anyone that you’ve ripped your pants and you should avoid showing your underwear to the public.
Have you ever found yourself in these situations? How did you handle them?
Illustrated by Alena Sofronova for BrightSide.me
Viral News4 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News2 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News3 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News5 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News4 months ago
15 Famous Men We Didn’t Know Were Handsome in Their Youth
Viral News6 days ago
What Hail Satan? director Penny Lane learned from her doc on Satanists
Viral News4 months ago
12 Celebs Who Got Tired of Their Image and Decided to Change Beyond Recognition
Viral News5 months ago
10 Star Couples We Couldn’t Think Would Be Together, but It’s So Cool to See Them Happy