We all know from books and movies that the Titanic sank because of an iceberg but there is some fresh evidence that says there were explosions and fires and that those are what made the ship sink! This changes history. Let’s check some facts that can shed some light on these new circumstances.
We at Bright Side did our own investigation and checked the evidence that could prove that the Titanic sank because of explosions.
Survivor Vaghinak Byurat never mentioned an iceberg.
Vaghinak Byurat was one of the brightest representatives of the very educated people of Constantinople at that time and was planning a business trip to America, where he had to take a large batch of books. This is why he bought his tickets for the Titanic.
He survived and saw the sinking of the Titanic with his own eyes. But his version is different.
Chahen Khachatourian knew Vaghinak, and interviewed him in person. He later wrote about the story of what happened on the ship. Byurat lived a long life and often talked about the sinking of the Titanic. The most interesting thing was that he never mentioned an iceberg. Instead Byurat would always talk about an explosion that led to the sinking of the ship.
This witness would probably have been blown off if other survivors hadn’t also stepped up and talked about explosions too.
What other survivors saw during the sinking of the Titanic
Other survivors claimed that there had been 2-4 explosions on the Titanic. It’s no wonder that in a panic, they might have gotten the story twisted. Researcher and author Bill Wormstedt also provided some evidence about this fact which he learned from interviewing the survivors. Their claims could convince you to consider that it might not have been an iceberg.
- Major Arthur G. Peuchen who was a First Class passenger said that he definitely heard an explosion and after that, the ship started to sink.
- George Frederick Crowe was a steward in a lifeboat. In his interview, he said that there had been an explosion and then the aft part had turned on end and sunk.
But we still want to know if there is real proof that the Titanic sank because of an explosion!
Researchers say that the passengers could’ve survived, but the Titanic sank due to an enormous fire.
At the time, the Titanic engineers didn’t understand the dangers of the electrolysis that could convert seawater into explosive hydrogen gas. John Wickman concluded in his book, Titanic, The Hidden Evidence, that they made a mistake. They kept the lights on, which caused the explosions. Had they not done this, the Titanic could’ve stayed afloat and the passengers could’ve survived.
Wickman believes that the first explosion happened between 1:10 and 1:20 AM. But he said there was another explosion that split the ship in half and that was the reason for the catastrophe.
It was a perfect match of extraordinary factors and Journalist Senan Molony confirms this. He spent more than 30 years researching why the Titanic sank. He came to the conclusion that “fire, ice, and criminal negligence” were the cause of the disaster.
But still, the experts confirm that there was a fire and it started in a 3-story high fuel store behind one of the ship’s boiler rooms. Many passengers heard a tearing sound and after that, the ship began to flood immediately.
What do you think was the real reason behind the Titanic sinking? Do you think the passengers could’ve survived? Please write your comments below and share your opinion with us!
20 Texts That Prove a Relationship Is Not an Easy Game
Chats make our relationships more exciting and unpredictable! 25% of couples sometimes even text their partner when they are both home together. It’s very difficult to say goodbye to text messaging because so many funny and amusing things go on there!
We at Bright Side also love to laugh at digital chatting situations between couples and want to share with you a new genre of humor.
Do you also have chats like this with your partner? Please, share your stories below!
Marvel Phase 4: Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4 schedule revealed
For the first time in years we finally have an idea of what Marvel Studios has planned for the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The studio revealed its upcoming schedule during its Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday night, announcing at least 10 projects to expect over the next two years. The biggest revelations include the news that Natalie Portman will wield Thor’s hammer; Mahershala Ali will star in a new Blade project; and a confirmation from Marvel that it’s working on movies featuring some of the studio’s recently acquired characters.
Marvel’s business plan and marketing strategy has long been to hype what’s next, with much of that hype being driven by its signature post-credits scenes and panels at fan conventions like Comic-Con or Disney’s D23. And for awhile, it was customary for the studio to announce its release schedule several years early — in 2015 Marvel announced movies like 2018’s Black Panther and 2019’s Captain Marvel.
But even the studio’s two most-recent films — April’s colossal cinematic juggernaut known as Avengers: Endgame and this month’s Spider-Man: Far From Home — arrived in theaters, Marvel still hadn’t revealed what movies it’s launching in 2020, or if it plans to launch any at all. Meanwhile, the studio had kept relatively quiet save for a few casting and crew announcements (like we found out this week that Taika Waititi would be directing the fourth Thor movie).
Here’s what Marvel announced during its Comic-Con panel:
- Black Widow, starring Scarlett Johansson and Rachel Weisz and directed by Cate Shortland, arriving in theaters on May 1, 2020
- The Eternals, starring Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek and directed by Chloe Zhao, arriving in theaters on November 6, 2020
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, starring Simu Liu and directed by Destin Daniel Cretton, arriving in theaters on February 12, 2021. Shang Chi will be Marvel’s first film with a lead character of Asian descent.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen (yes, Scarlet Witch) and directed by Scott Derrickson, arriving in theaters on May 7, 2021
- Thor: Love and Thunder, directed by Taika Waititi and starring Natalie Portman (who will wield the legendary hammer as the first female Thor), Tessa Thompson, and Chris Hemsworth, arriving in theaters on November 5, 2021
Marvel studios president Kevin Feige also confirmed upcoming movies involving the Fantastic Four and the X-Men’s mutants — characters who were previously owned by Fox, but which now fall under Marvel’s purview thanks to the recent Disney-Fox merger. He also confirmed that the sequels for Black Panther and Captain Marvel, are in development. Black Panther is Marvel’s biggest solo superhero movie to date, having made $1.3 billion worldwide, and Captain Marvel, its first solo superhero film to center on a female hero, also passed the $1 billion mark.
Vying for the biggest surprise of the evening was Feige bringing Mahershala Ali to the Comic-Con stage to announce a new Blade project. Ali previously appeared as the villain in Marvel’s Netflix series Luke Cage, so the new Blade film project possibly signals that Marvel’s television projects with Netflix and its cinematic universe are completely separate entities.
Marvel also revealed its television series lineup for Disney’s forthcoming streaming service Disney+, which is scheduled to launch in November:
- The Falcon & Winter Soldier in fall 2020
- WandaVision in spring 2021
- Loki in spring 2021
- WHAT IF …? — an animated series featuring characters from the MCU in summer 2021
- Hawkeye in fall 2021
For fans who can’t wait until 2020 for Marvel’s next best thing, rest assured. The studio will probably have more surprises to share next month — and perhaps even first-look footage or concept art from its upcoming projects— at Disney’s D23 convention, which will take place from August 23 to 25, 2019 in Anaheim.
23 Moving Photos That Prove Our Moms Deserve All the Love in the World
From creating cosplay costumes for us and making lunches for all of our friends to giving us everything they’ve got, mothers never fail to surprise us! Their imagination and wit have no limits, as they always know how to find a solution to any situation, even if their resources are limited and time is short. No matter how old we get, we’ll always stay kids in our mothers’ eyes and they’ll always rush to help us, even if we’re 30 years old.
Bright Side wants to admire our moms, which why we’re so happy to give you 23 photos where people captured moments of being emotional, clever, brave and strong.
1. After giving birth, a mother laughs hysterically at her husband who just fainted at the sight of their newborn son.
2. “Little me knew exactly how to show appreciation for my mother.”
3. Proud mom with her graduated son
4. “My mom gave me a kidney 2 years ago. All I can give her are flowers.”
5. This clever single mother dressed up as a dad to take her kid to “Donuts With Dad” day at school.
6. She has 3 daughters and she writes 5 lines a day to each of them. These will be gifts when they get married one day.
7. This mom poses as a power ranger with her son. You don’t need to be a child to know how to have fun!
8. A homeless mother is dressing her daughter for school.
9. “My friend’s mom made my turtles sweaters.”
10. “A coworker said her mom made lunch for the office. We accepted.”
11. The best cosplay is when your mom decides to participate in it too.
12. “I told my mom I was really sick today. An hour later she showed up at my house with this. I’m 30.”
13. “I’m a teacher in Canada and my mom made me this scarf to keep me warm.”
14. A daughter surprised her mother with an early return from deployment. Her mother’s emotions are priceless.
15. “Yesterday my mom ran for the first time in 9 months since the Boston Marathon bombings. She’s my inspiration!”
16. “Jokingly, I sent my mom a cutout of myself while I was studying abroad. She seems to be entertaining herself with it.”
17. “This is one of my favorite pics of my mom even though she isn’t in focus. Hope you guys enjoy it.”
18. “My mom smiling after saving 40 kids from a burning school bus today”
19. “Look at this giant blanket my mom crocheted!”
20. “This is how my mom greeted me at the airport after having not seen me for a few years. She made me walk through the entire airport under her left arm.”
21. “My mom and I have always bonded over GoT. This year she made me these cakes for my 30th ’name day’.”
22. “My father passed away from lung cancer in July. Mom had these gifts made for me and my brother. The best gift I’ve ever received.”
“This is a shirt I used to wear, and when you hold it I’ll be there. Love, Dad.”
23. “My mom graduating with her Ph.D. in social work from Tulane. Her goal was to graduate by 60 and she did it with a year to spare.”
BONUS: Moms are always the same, loving and caring for everyone.
Which photo did you like the most? Do you have an adorable photo of you with your mom? Let’s share them in the comment section!
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019