Publicist and religious leader William Channing was correct when he said that raising a kid requires more heartfelt thinking and deeper wisdom than managing a country. The art of child-rearing can be difficult, even for experienced parents, because there are so many things to teach your kids before they grow up. Additionally, you will have to lead by example when showing them the good things and the proper habits that you want them to learn.
Bright Side compiled a list of important and not so obvious things that children of a certain age should know about and should be able to do.
Up to 5 years
How to cope with failures and anger.
How to be able to forgive others and themselves.
How to be able to come to agreements with other kids and even with adults.
To be self-sufficient.
Make sure they know their home address.
Ensure they don’t talk or go anywhere with strangers.
To eat healthy food (and to avoid foods that they are allergic to).
To not feel shy in front of adults and elderly people.
To not be afraid to ask questions if there is something they don’t know.
How to take responsibility for their own actions.
- How to make simple food (tea, sandwiches).
- To know the emergency numbers.
- How to do everything on time.
- How to swim.
- How to cross the road by following the rules.
- To not be afraid to meet new people.
- How to behave at the table correctly and be able to use a knife.
- How to be able to search for information in books and on the internet.
- How to not to say everything that comes to mind, because it could offend someone.
- How to protect the environment and take care of animals.
- To know their parents’ phone numbers by heart.
- How to be able to distinguish needs from desires that disappear quickly.
- How to be optimistic, but not to look at the world through rose-colored glasses.
- To find a hobby and try to succeed in it.
- To dress appropriately.
- To know the basics of safe behavior on the internet.
- To not to just leave their home keys and money wherever.
- To learn to cook more complex dishes, make garnishes, peel vegetables.
- To track the time when watching TV or playing computer games.
- To do physical exercises.
- How to get to the grocery store.
- How to be able to use a compass and know how to put up a tent.
- To know the birthdays of close relatives.
- To be aware of how alcohol and drugs can harm them.
- To be able to navigate around the city and avoid dangerous areas.
- To use public transportation alone.
- To accept their appearance and not just find imperfections in it.
- To take care of their friendships.
- To know how to express their feelings to the opposite gender.
- To say they’re sorry when they’re wrong.
- To be able to save money and spend it reasonably.
- To be self-confident but not suppress others.
- To treat service personnel respectfully.
- To understand how depression appears, what consequences it can have, and how to fight it.
- To think before making an important decision.
- How to solve conflicts.
- How to find compromises.
- How to be able to risk wisely.
- How to watch their weight.
- How to calculate their strength.
- How to cope with their study load and emotions independently.
- How to know their strengths and weaknesses.
- How to think about their future and occupation.
- To try volunteering as a side job.
- To know about safety rules during intercourse.
- How to understand their own feelings and the feelings of others.
Do you agree with these pieces of advice? Are you aware of any other tips? We would be glad to hear from you in the comments!
Illustrated by Alena Tsarkova for BrightSide.me
16 Striking Photos That Can Touch Your Heart
Photos keep our memories safe and every time we look at them we can immerse ourselves in the moments that have been captured in them. They can also help us to understand what’s really important in this world. And it doesn’t matter whether these photos are from your personal album or belong to somebody else. Their messages, feelings, and emotions can be perceived in one glance.
Here at Bright Side, we believe that the following photos will really touch your heart.
This couple has battled leukemia for 15 years since they were children. Now they’re husband and wife.
This fireman gave a cat that got hurt in a fire mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and saved it.
“My dad, who has dementia, trying to remember my name”
His owner passed away but the dog continues to sit near his bed and wait.
This is what depression looks like over 24 hours.
Have you ever seen a blind dog enjoying the sounds of a lake?
An Iranian girl cheers for her favorite football team from behind the fence since Iranian women aren’t allowed into stadiums.
“My mom painted dementia.”
When all you have is memories:
The 3 social classes in The Philippines in one photo
“My buddy, a glass blowing artist, used my dad’s ashes to make a keepsake marble I can take with me anywhere.”
“She gave me the best 11 years of her life and I can only hope that I was able to do the same thing for her.”
“A year ago, my little sister left this world. This weekend her heart recipient met my mom and shared her heart beat.”
“The moment your dog comes out of the fire you thought he died in”
“3 months ago we were told our newborn was blind. 2 weeks ago we found out the doctors were wrong. Today, she got her glasses.”
“I’m just so proud of you!”
Today my daughter graduated from pre-K. After the ceremony, my son walked up to her and gave her a hug. “I’m just so proud of you,” he said. Then, of course, my daughter started crying. As we wiped away our tears, my husband asked her, “Pumpkin, why are you crying?” She responded, “I’m just so happy.”
Each photo has its own story. Which of them touched you the most?
Komünist Başkan, Aldığı Kararla Sosyal Medyada Trend Topic Oldu
Mehmet Fatih Maçoğlu’nun belediye başkanı olduğu Tunceli Belediyesi Meclisi, ‘Tunceli’ yazan belediye tabelasının ‘Dersim’ olarak değiştirilmesine karar verdi. Bu karar sonrası Maçoğlu, sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
Tunceli Belediye Başkanı TKP’li Fatih Mehmet Maçoğlu başkanlığında belediye meclis üyeleri toplantısında alınan kararla Tunceli Belediyesi tabelasının ‘Dersim Belediyesi’ olarak değiştirilmesi kararı alındı. Karar tartışma yaratırken ‘DersimdeğilTunceli’ etiketi sosyal medyada Trend Topic oldu.
BELEDİYEDEN AÇIKLAMA YAPILDI
Belediyeden yapılan açıklamada Dersim ibaresiyle birlikte Zazaca ve Türkçe beleriye hizmetleri verileceği duyuruldu. Açıklamada şöyle denildi: “Kentimizin kültürü, tarihi ve inanç biçimini yaşatmak adına belediyemiz hizmet binasında bulunan tabelada yazılı ‘Tunceli’ ibaresinin değiştirilerek yerine ‘Dersim’ ibaresinin yazılması oy çokluğuyla kabul edildi. Haber
View at DailyMotion
15 Random People Who Look So Much Like Celebrities, You May Want to Take a Photo With Them
It’s not an easy goal to meet a real celebrity in our everyday life. Sometimes they are too busy with their activities or simply prefer to avoid public places. But when you see one right in front of you, don’t be too quick to jump over the moon and ask for a photo. Try to check their IDs first, because we are ready to show you that there are too many ordinary people who look just like stars and who probably wouldn’t miss a chance to pose and giggle afterward.
We at Bright Side compared photos of celebrities to their clones to demonstrate that this isn’t a joke. IDs first, photos after.
15. Kylie Jenner and Kristen Hancher, but which is which?
14. “My dad actually does Jack Nicholson lookalike work in Hollywood as a hobby.”
13. Breaking news! It seems Kim Kardashian has cloned herself.
12. “This fella lives in my house. I think James Franco and he follow each other on Instagram.”
11. “My sister always gets asked if she’s Julia Stiles.”
10. Nope, those aren’t just 2 pictures of Steve Buscemi!
9. Here’s chance for those who are upset that Michael Fassbender is married.
8. We’re just interested to see if Meghan Trainor’s double has the same talents.
7. We know this is pretty unexpected for Taylor Lautner, but we can’t unsee it.
6. This girl claims that she gets compared to Katy Perry daily.
5. When Chuck Norris is on vacation.
4. “Never mind, I’ll find someone like Adele.”
3. If Cobie Smulders doesn’t want to shoot How I Met Your Mother 10, there’s a perfect replacement out there.
2. Wait, so you’re saying that isn’t Zooey Deschanel on the right?
1. Even Zach Galifianakis and Jonah Hill can see this resemblance.
Do you have any friends who look exactly like movie stars? Show us their photos!
Viral News5 months ago
Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 2019
Viral News7 months ago
Tony Robbins: HOW TO START OVER – 2019
Viral News3 months ago
This Is the Right Order to Watch the Marvel Movies to Get Ready for “Avengers: Endgame”
Viral News4 months ago
How to Answer Uncomfortable Questions So That People Don’t Ask Them Again
Viral News5 months ago
Actor / Actress (5-Minute Crafts)
Viral News8 months ago
16 Game of Thrones Actors You Wouldn’t Recognize Without Makeup
Viral News6 months ago
Top 5 Viral Plays of the Year // 2018
Viral News2 months ago
All in the Family and The Jeffersons translate surprisingly well to 2019